I LOVE making these, great quick easy lunch, alone, with salad or in a wrap etc. Great to freeze and take to work.
Quinoa Veggie Burgers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 egg white, 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs or oats, whizzed up in food processor but not too fine
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons of flour (can use healthy flour like oat, coconut etc)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Chilli flakes – to taste
In a small pot, bring 1 &1/2 cups water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook until liquid is absorbed, 12 to 14 minutes; set aside.
In a bowl mix the grated carrot, zucchini, eggs, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper & cooked quinoa.
Form mixture into eight to ten patties. In a large nonstick pan, heat oil over medium; cook burgers until browned, about 8 minutes per side., or bake at 180 for about 35 mins, until looking slightly browned.