Last night I went to the supermarket after the gym. Bad move.
Enter Weiss coconut rough bars. Delish. At 187 calories per ice cream not tragic… except I had two. I’d done a killer chest workout, an hour 20 min beach walk, and was feeling so damn good too! They were yummy though, and if I’d had just the one I wouldn’t feel bad. This week was meant to be an ah-mazing week for me food and training wise though. Maybe I was putting too high expectation on myself and the sabotage part of me had to strike. Anyways, I put it into the food diary, take my exercise I was still negative 445 for the day, so not too bad.
It did lead me to write up a list of snacks under 100 calories, that I can refer to next time I get snacky.
What I should have gone for..
21 Snacks under 100 calories!
- Chocolate banana – half a fresh or frozen banana, with 2 squares of dark chocolate melted over it
- 3/4 cup frozen grapes
- ½ cup no fat greek yoghurt with cinnamon and stevia
- One cup blueberries with a tablespoon of greek yoghurt
- 2 squares of dark chocolate
- A mug of Jarrah Chocolatte
- Baked apple (cored) topped with cinnamon, sweetened with stevia with a tablespoon of greek yoghurt
- 2 Carrots and hummus (watch the portions as the hummus varies A LOT between brands, or if you make your own)
- Hard boiled egg
- 1 med sized celery stick with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter
- Cottage cheese (1/2 cup) with blueberries or pineapple pieces
- 3 Caramel rice cakes from Sunrice
- ½ Apple with a teaspoon of peanut butter
- 1 small can of tuna in springwater, add tablespoon of ricotta, some dill, chopped onion & pepper
- 10 almonds, 20 sultanas
- Cup of skim milk (or skim soy, almond etc) with a teaspoon milo
- Slim secrets bars – they have different options under 100 calories and they’re good.
- my Choc fudgy balls
- 2 medium kiwi fruits
- ½ cup frozen yoghurt
- (even the fit protein icecream, comes in just over 100 but can have a slightly smaller serve)
There we have it, some wiser choices for the future snack attacks!