I bought 2 large cartons of eggs, and needed a clean recipe that would make life easier during the week for lunches, so thought I’d share. The original minced rather then dices some veggies, but it’s a personal preference thing.
These portable energy-revving muffins are great to make in advance and use throughout the week!
Ready in 40 minutes • Makes 12 servings
- Oil spray
- 4 spring onions, diced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 capsicum, diced finely
- 1/2 zucchini, shredded
- 14 egg whites
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- Dash salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Coat a 12-muffin tin with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Combine vegetables in a big bowl. Fill each muffin tin 2/3 full with vegetables.
- Whisk eggs and seasonings in a large mixing bowl.
- Use a 1/3-cup measuring cup to scoop egg mixture and pour slowly into each muffin tin. Egg mixture should fill tin the rest of the way. Bake 30 minutes or until muffins have risen and are slightly browned.
Nutrients per serving (98 g):
Calories: 56, Total Fats: 2 g, Saturated Fat: 0.5 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 71 mg, Sodium: 93 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 3 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 7 g, Iron: 0.5 mg
STORAGE TIP: Muffins will keep up to one week in the refrigerator or can be frozen. If freezing, allow to thaw in the refrigerator overnight.