If you LOVE ginger like I do, check this out. Another recipe from Oxygen Mag. Yummmmmmmo! And cinnamon. Spices are meant to do all sorts of great things for your health, with these two being amongst the bes! Ginger is said to stimulate the heart and assists in circulation & lowers blood pressure as well as Ginger has been also found to contain satiating properties, and has been found to help boost metabolism by approximately 20%! Cinnamon is said to help with muscle and joint pains, as well as regulating blood sugar levels – helping with weightloss as well.
Great for kids lunch boxes as unlike most energy balls- they contain no protein powder, no artificial sugars or artificially processed foods!
These are great for kids lunch boxes as unlike most energy balls- they contain no protein powder, no artificial sugars or artificially processed foods! Great for adults as a natural pre workout, or a great snack on the go!
They taste INCREDIBLE, even the fussiest of children would LOVE them- and are so much better than processed foods!
Please note- these DO contain NUTS.
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 8 dates
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 2 teaspoon of natural organic cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of agave syrup- optional
- Add all ingredients in the food processor, the natural liquid in the dates/sultanas will provide enough moisture for the mixture to be a good consistency.
- This process may take 4-5 minutes, keep stopping the processor and using a spoon, mix the mixture together and to ensure none is stuck on the sides.
- Agave syrup- This is optional, these are naturally very sweet, however if you have only just started your clean eating journey and are use to processed foods, the taste is a ‘different sweet’ (natural!!) so you may want to add the agave, you will only need 1 teaspoon max.
- Once the mixture looks like the picture, and is moist, yet still has texture. Roll into balls, you can add topping to this- cashew nuts in halves, almonds, cranberries etc