Two yummy recipes that are good and healthy – just how I like it.
The are often great recipes posted on the blog, check it out at:
This is a delicious healthy breakfast bar that you can eat on the go or serve with a little yogurt and fruit for a healthy start to your day or nutritious snack anytime. The inspirations come from the team at NIULIFE COCONUT our favorite place to get all things coconut!!! They are a sponsor for our books and many recipes in LUNCHBOX SOLUTIONS have the wonderful coconut in them. You can find the book at www.chefkate.me .
NOTE: You can also add seeds, chopped nuts, dried fruit and chocolate pieces to the bars if you like.
Please use certified organic ingredients whenever possible.
SERVES 8 – 12 pieces
PREP TIME 15 minutes
BAKING TIME 25 – 35 minutes
2 eggs, beaten
2 (500ml) cups coconut milk or milk of choice
¾ (185ml) cup coconut palm syrup or honey
½ (125ml) cup honey
½ (125ml) cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup desiccated (shredded) coconut (reserve ¼ cup)
1 cup coconut flour
¾ cup coconut palm sugar
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1 tsp sea salt (to taste)
2 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F and prepare a medium size baking pan by lining with baking paper and rubbing generously with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl mix all the wet ingredients together well and then add the dry ingredients and mix well until combined. Add any additional things like chocolate pieces or dried fruit and mix well.
3. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and spread evenly and sprinkle with ¼ cup reserved desiccated (shredded) coconut . The place in the oven and bake for 25 —35 minutes or until golden brown and the center is set, but not hard. If it begins to brown too quickly cover loosely with baking paper and continue baking until done.
I look forward to hearing from you and send “The Flavor of JOY!”
And the second is:
This recipe makes guilt-free fudge that good for you too. It’s so delicious it may never make it to the fridge!!!!! It’s full of protein, healthy fats and antioxidants.The base recipe is great and I’ve shared a few delicious additional suggestions you can add to the recipe. Get creative and have fun making your own signature treats. It’s one of the healthy treat recipes in our book Lunchbox Solutions that you can find at www.chefkate.me
NOTE: I’ve used Chocolate Vital Protein in this recipe, but you can also use Plain or Vanilla Vital Protein www.vitalgreens.com or other protein powders for the fudge too. If using plain or vanilla protein powders just add 2-3 tablespoons more cocoa powder and 2-3 tablespoons honey.
MAKES approx 2½ cups
PREP TIME 10 – 15 minutes (If rolling balls add 15 minutes)
1 cup macadamia nut or almond butter (or *Niulife coconut cream)
½ cup cocoa powder (to taste)
½ cup Chocolate Vital Protein
½ cup honey (to taste)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
¼ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt (the salt makes it really yummy…like salty chocolate caramels)
1 cup coarsely chopped chocolate
½ cup raisins or goji berries
½ cup finely chopped nuts
1 cup toasted finely ground desiccated (shredded) coconut (for topping)
½ cup coconut sugar (for topping or mix in the fudge)
1. Prepare a small baking pan with sides by lining with baking paper. You will not be baking the fudge this is just where you need to let it set.
1. In a medium size bowl mix all the ingredients together by hand until well combined. Then evenly spread onto the baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
NOTE: You can sprinkle with finely ground toasted coconut and coconut sugar or cocoa powder or leave it plain on top
2. Serve while still soft or refrigerate to set the fudge until ready to serve and cut into bite size pieces.
NOTE: You can roll bite size pieces of the mixture in your hands while still soft to make fudge balls and then roll them in cocoa powder. You can also add desiccated (shredded) coconut and or chopped nuts into the ball or roll them in it.
*Coconut cream and other great coconut productswww.niulife.com
I love sharing recipes with all of you and enjoy hearing from you too so please leave a comment and also join my facebook page Chef Kate McAloon. Have the best week!!!
Sending joy until next time.
Have fun!!! Chef Kate